This blog takes you on a journey through my thoughts, trials, tribulations and (*hopefully captivating)stories. And maybe i'll add in some recipes and fun stuff! hehe :)

Wednesday, 25 July 2007

not really sure about a title...

edit* Yes, this part usually goes at the bottom of the post, but who wants to scroll all the way down there, hehe..

Some not-so-useful-but-exciting news: I have my very own tv..yes, however strange that may sound, i have never owned my own tv..until now! Which means i get to lie under my covers on these lovely chilly, wintry nights and watch some tv, dvd's and hopefully soon, satellite! HEHE..

The actual post...
It's really funny because i started typing the title and it seems i've used [possibly] used this title before.. that must mean i have serious issues trying to think up a title for my posts. That must be yet another thing i "over think" ...oops, my bad! I just don't want the title to seem boring, or like it really doesn't match... ok, i know that might be some people's signature on their blog post title's to not really match but it's one of those things....

Like the way i don't like buying paper or cardboard if its bent, or can't stand it when people force the paper/cardboard/magazine into a bag that is too small..i mean seriously, then i'll rather carry it in my hand..

Another thing that used to really get on my nerves was when i was at college and my lecturers would demand getting absolutely neat assignments/projects/work etc and we had to fit specific criteria [like putting each page in a single plastic sleeve and that we had to put them in flip files]. That was not the issue, my work was always neat and always flip files and for each assignment i had board new plastic covers and binders for them...i liked my work to be absolutely presentable - maybe slightly over the top to say every assignment had a new flip file/binder etc BUT my point is that i wouldn't use damaged plastic sleeves/binders... and i used to get so ticked off when my lecturers would hand my work back to me, looking as though their chihuahua had marked/graded it!!

At least have the decency to hand something back without doggy ears, coffee stains and/or damaged plastic sleeves or bent covers??

[ok, this is starting to become a ramble post and i'm going off track... i think i've forgotten what i actually wanted to post about... bugger! ]



No wait, i've got it... i remember...


I wanted to say that i know it probably seems strange that i haven't posted anything else food-related, other than the food show. I mean i haven't really posted anything about the things i've made or recipes or my work...


Maybe i should... but that means i need to find pics first! LOL

These are some pics i found ... hope they tantalize those tastebuds!

1. Creme Brulee


2. Choc Mousse Cheesecake


3. Choc Brownie


4. Yoghurt Terrine with Vanilla Meringue


5. Sticky toffee Pud


Those are some of the yummy desserts i used to make and plate [put on plate and add things to make them even prettier!] at the last restaurant i worked at..
I made sandwiches and salads there too, but i had more fun taking pics of the desserts because the dessert section was seperate from the hot and cold kitchens.

Plus, desserts are way way more fun, not so?? ;)

I have a lovely pic of Seared Tuna Salad [with the oh so scrumptious wasabi dressing] but i don't Adobe Photoshop on this pc:( so i can't crop it, sorry - can't add the pic cos one of the ppl i worked with is in the shot - need permission to do so first hehe..

I also have pics of the birthday cakes i'v made.. the edible novelty ones.. kids stuff mostly..

but i think i have to leave that for another post [because that is on my other pc..at home! LOL]

I can't really think of what else i wanted to post today, but maybe i'll just add some new links..

7 comments:

Saaleha Idrees Bamjee said...

i just put on about 2kg looking at those pics.

SingleGuy said...

I'm thinking that if we ever have a cape town blogger meet.....I'm putting you in charge of desserts!

'liya said...

Yummy pictures! Would you believe I've never tried creme brulee? What does it taste like?

When I gave my first assignment to students this year, I couldn't believe they were asking me questions like "should we use plastic covers?" and all this stuff about presentation requirements. I told them I don't really care as long as it's presentable and follows MLA then I'm happy, I mean, if it's in a binder or folder that only makes it heavier for me to carry! They couldn't believe that I was so lenient - apparently other teachers are VERY specific like you say for every single assignment. Maybe I'm just too new to understand and that'll change over time, who knows!

My dartboard said...

Eish, you know people have been stalked for less hey. You should put up your seared tune recipe.

Ka-chow!

NuRAAN said...

saaleha, hehe...i ddnt even get to put up the cake pics or the famous cheesecakes:P

singleguy, making the desserts or choosing a place to have desserts? Either way i'd be happy to;)

'liya, creme brulee tastes like heaven BUT u have to make it properly [and unfortunately, u gotta hav the full cream version..there is a low fat option, but there's a very bEEg difference.] The good thing is that in order to enjoy the real deal, u will def be satisfied with the small portion.. in a lil ramekin with the lovely crackly caramel topping, :P
Its a rich, vanilla spoonful of custard..but the texture is velvety and creamy..every spoonful is an amazing sensation!
Oh yeh, i forgot that this post was teacher-related..def up ur alley. Even if my lecturers were like u, i think i'd probably stil be so neurotic abt handing in neat work!LOL

organ harvester, lol..i'll see to add the pic at a later post..mmmmm wasabi:P

Waseem said...

Those desserts look divine, my mouth is actually watering right now.

You know when I go to a restaurant, before I order the main course, the first thing I look at is the dessert menu, so I know how much space I have to save.

Can you post some desserts to Durban lol

NuRAAN said...

waseem, that is exactly how u need to order..first check out the desserts!:P
Imagine that..LOL, posting you sum dessert!HEHE:D