This blog takes you on a journey through my thoughts, trials, tribulations and (*hopefully captivating)stories. And maybe i'll add in some recipes and fun stuff! hehe :)

Monday, 20 August 2007

...never a dull moment ...

Well, in my life, that's certainly true...and this past weekend definitely proved it.
Friday started off on a rather low note. It was the day of the conference [the one i was looking forward to attending because i was actually part of it...] Anyway, night before the conference, ny boss tells me they have enough 'help' at the conference so i can go to work as per normal the next day...Yeh i was in shock alright, but what could i do? I also still had to attend the Gala Dinner that evening, at that point of course, i wasn't really in the mood, but i'm not all that rebellious [i think] so i swallowed the shock,disappointment etc and attended the dinner with one of my closest friends [both of us made the night good cos we went together hehe...]
Saturday morning i woke up feeling like a bus hit me [twice] and it felt like i was coming down with the flu [who woulda thought i was all dolled up night before!] and saturday was the day i needed to bake cake and desserts for an engagement!
I decided that i could not just drop them on the last minute, i just couldn't do it...[that evening i was also due to baby sit my nephew ] i got cracking [LOL, literally because there were eggs involved, and flour, cocoa, sugar the works :P]
Later on we got a call from my sis that my nephew would have to be admitted to hospital, because it was worse than the paediatrician had thought..He had to have tests and stuff done.
By about 2:30pm everything was baked and decorated and plated.
My sis then started asking me whether i would join her..going shopping..[she likes having a shopping companion..Y? So she can talk me into buying things! LOL]
Eventually i gave in, got showered and went along with her..still feeling a bit woozy...
Most of the stalls had already closed because after 3 they already pack up..we went to a few shops and i found the most gorgeous Thaub... [Moroccan style and it was pink..] i tried it on, n my sis was like, BUY iT!! You, have to buy it! - see i also don't need to much convincing! :P
We ddnt leave too late. almost 5 pm..and then headed for home to get a few things to take through to the hospital with us for my nephew..on our way to hospital, we're approaching the robot [our lane was clear]...next thing we knew this old man swirves from the left lane and rams our car [dad's reaction was to brake of course..but it still hit hard]
Luckily non of us had any serious injuries...no blood - maybe some bruising, but no blood so Alhamdulillah!

I was a bit in shock, but i managed to take the man's (who hit us) details. It was an old man, in his early 70's and he probably just misjudged himself, he was really apologetic and said he would definitely co-operate..

Eventually we got to the hospital, but we couldn't really see my nephew..he's in iso..

Yesterday, we all needed to get a few things from the shops..me needing socks and shampoo etc..so even though i really never felt like it, i just went along..
My sis takes ages tryin on things and deciding which shower gel and shampoo to choose... evntually we get to this other shop where i decide to sit down while she's shopping.. And there all these foreigners, definitely Arab people, they look and sound very much like they're from Saudi Arabia..The grandmother looks to me, and asks me if i'm Muslim. I reply yes and then she asks where i'm from..so i said, I'm from here, Cape Town - that's really funny to me because i definitely look like i'm from aorund here hehe..

After all the shopping and walking i decided i coulg no longer walk on boots..i am so not cut out for heels, especially not to shop in!LOL
So, the next best step was to get a pair of comfy shoes..which i did [had to turn down my sis suggestion of getting slippers..she was convinced nobody would take note.. i thought otherwise...imagine my embarassment if i bumped into anyone i know! LOL]

2 comments:

My dartboard said...

sounds treacherous.

Dont buy any lotto tickets for a while.

:)

NuRAAN said...

hehe:D